Monday, January 31, 2011

Chicken Noodle Soup for the Soul

I made chicken noodle soup for the first time. Well... it is more like chicken, veggies, noodles and a little bit of broth. I followed the recipe and even added extra liquid. I am not sure why I ended up with practically no broth. It still tastes yummy and is going to serve its purpose. It is going to be a cold week and soup sounded comforting.

For the past week, the news has been broadcasting warnings for a winter storm to start tomorrow. Where I grew up, 12-18 inches of snow was not that uncommon. We have at least one storm a year. My parents are preparing for their second one this winter. They have salt trucks out already and snow plows with 3 blades. I am a bit worried about how the snow is going to be removed around here. This area has issues with clearing only a couple of inches. Maybe I will stay home the next couple of days...

No comments:

Post a Comment